Where Can This Degree Take Me?
Through Trinity Graduate School students can pursue a Master of Arts degree in Counseling Psychology. The degree equips students to integrate professional counseling with a biblical worldview. It provides a strong background in counseling theory and practice while allowing students to tailor the program to their specific career interests.
With two different concentrations in Mental Health and Guidance, the program exposes students to all aspects of counseling which can be applied in a wide range of fields. Students are challenged to critically reflect upon their personal growth and refine their counseling skills in order to provide the most ethical and professional care for clients.
Students graduating from the MA/CP program will be able to:
- Integrate a biblical worldview in counseling theory and practice
- Apply their faith in areas of service to underserved client populations
- Adhere to cultural competency standards when working with the needs of diverse clients
- Display through content knowledge the core competency areas in the field of counseling psychology
- Assess, deliver, and document appropriate interventions that are consistent with current standards of care in the counseling profession
- Critically reflect upon their personal growth and refine their counseling skills in order to provide ethical and professional care for clients
What Will I Study?
All students take common core and required counseling courses, as well as the required classes for their preferred area of concentration.